Here it is, our 2019 Manly Sea Eagles Indigenous Jersey.
Jersey designed in honor of one of Manly's greatest players, Cliff Lyons.
Jersey will be worn against the Gold Coast Titans, Round 11 2019.
This 2019 Sea Eagles Indigenous Jersey design details;
- The Lyons Den' artwork designed by Lee Anthony Hampton from Koori Kicks Art.
Highlighting Lyons’ wonderful playing career from his humble beginnings with the Gundagai Tigers through to his days in the NRL with Manly, as well as representing NSW and Australia.
- Bottom left of the artwork, the portrait of Cliff is surrounded by a circle of dots and the Aboriginal symbol for man & woman. This represents Cliff at his home ground of Brookvale Oval surrounded by his many adoring fans. Surrounding the large circle with Cliff in it, there are a number of larger grey circles, representing every club that Cliff has played for, the dotted lines connecting these circles represent his journey from his junior club days right through to his representative duties for NSW, Australia & The Indigenous Team.
There is also a black area with lizard tracks which represents Cliff's Aboriginal totem, "the lizard".
At the bottom right of the artwork is a lizard, again a representation of Cliff's totem. Within the lizard lies some of Cliff's career stats. The front legs contains 102 dots - Cliff's NRL Hall of Fame inductee number. The back legs contain 80 dots, the number of Sea Eagles first grade tries scored by Cliff. Down each side of the lizard’s back are 6 dots and 5 dots, representing his 5 goals and 6 field goals for Manly. When you combined all dots and lines within the tail, it totals 309, the total first grade games played for Manly.
- Embroidered Sea Eagles and NRL logos.
- Sublimated Indigenous artwork.
- Sublimated sponsor logos.
- Manufactured by ISC.